As the 2017 Competitive Sport Fishing League is fast approaching, there are a few reminders and highlights we would like to address prior to bass opener!
When competing in a qualifying event competitors anglers must be off the water by 5:00 pm the Friday night prior to the weekend events unless posted otherwise.
• Balsam Lake: Anglers must be off the water by 5:00 pm on Saturday, June 17. Pre-Season Scouting: Anglers wishing to scout, navigate or pleasure boating the week leading up to the Balsam openers are permitted to do so with no gear on deck a half hour after sunset June 11 until a half hour before sunrise June 17.
• Lake Simcoe/Couchiching Lake: Anglers must be off the water by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 23. Pre-Season Scouting: Anglers wishing to scout, navigate or pleasure boating the week leading up to the Simcoe openers are permitted to do so with no gear on deck a half hour after sunset June 18 until 5:00 pm Friday, June 23.
• Lake Couchiching only event anglers are not to fish beyond the railway bridge. The Atherly bridge (Highway 12) is out of bounds.
• Pre-fishing for Twi-Light events ends one-half hour before sunset the night prior to the event.
• Competitors are not permitted to compete in “for-profit organized events” taking place on Kawartha Lakes tournament waters, including Lake Simcoe, one weekend prior to the CSFL event.
• Anglers competing in “non-profit organized events” one week prior to the CSFL event are not permitted to release their own fish.
• CSFL National Classic XXI: The lake will be closed to all pre-fishing from Monday, August 28 half hour after sunset until Friday, September 1 half hour before sunrise.
On site registrations will continue to take place, however for those teams who have prepaid events prior to event day, an “express lane” has been established at the registration desk. To avoid long lineups, arrange to have your entry fee prepaid and on event day you may proceed to the express lane and simply provide your lunker fee, if participating, and pick up your team number.
The CSFL National Classic XXI will be held on September 8, 9 & 10, 2017 on Stoney Lake. Top 30 teams from Central, Eastern and Western Tours and top 10 from BM100 Tour automatically advance to the CSFL National Classic XXI.
Team of the Year of the Eastern Tour, the Central Tour and the Western Tour will be given the opportunity to participate in the BASSMASTER Team Championship. The winner of the BASSMASTER Team Championship will advance to the BASSMASTER Classic.
Whether participating in a tournament or recreational fishing, please keep fish care top priority and exercise safe boating.
If you have questions at any time please do not hesitate to reach out to our team via phone 905-640-2277 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to another memorable year, wishing you success in your journey to the 21st National Classic.
LET’S GET SOCIAL
Follow us on Twitter: @CSFLnews
Follow us on Instagram: @fishcsfl
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CompetitiveSportFishingLeague